Offerit Affiliate Access Permissions
To access the Affiliate Access Permissions page, go to the Affiliates Admin and click the icon to the left of their account username.
By using this feature you can assign your affiliates different account types, including Admin, Sub Admin, Affiliate, etc.
The Affiliate Access Permissions page allows you to edit an affiliate's Account Type, which are preset permission levels in Offerit. There are seven different account types, all with varying permissions:
- Affiliate - Specifies that the account is a standard affiliate. This account does not have any additional permissions.
- Affiliate Manager - An Affiliate Manager can be assigned to manage affiliates. For more information, please see our Affiliate Managers wiki article.
- Customer Service Rep - A Customer Server Rep is a special affiliate who is responsible for managing customer server of your membership sites.
- Advertiser - An advertiser is a special type of affiliate who is allowed to post offers on the particular Offerit install. By default, advertisers have access to the Offers Admin.
- Offer Partner - Offer partners typically share revenues and get extra statistics due to their status. For more information, please see our Offer Partner wiki article.
- Sub Admin - A Sub Admin has limited administrative access and can only view and perform actions on certain admin areas in Offerit.
- OFFERITLLC Admin - OFFERITLLC Admins have full administrative access in Offerit, but they can only log in from IP addresses specified in the OFFERITLLC_ADMIN_IPS configuration option. This can be found in the Configuration Admin in the "Security" section.
- Admin - Admins have full administrative access in Offerit, and can view and edit whatever they choose. You can also restrict admin access to certain IPs through the "Security" section in the Configuration Admin.
The following section details the default access permissions (which Admins can be viewed) per account type:
- Affiliate - Affiliates are only able to see the Affiliate Area
- Affiliate Manager - By default, Affiliate Managers can view the Affiliates Admin, Linkcodes & Tools, News Admin, and Reporting Admin
- Customer Server Rep - By default, a Customer Service Rep can only view and perform actions in the Customers Admin
- Advertiser - By default, an Advertiser can only view the Offers Admin
- Offer Partner - By default, an Offer Partner can view Linkcodes & Tools, Mailing Admin, Customers Admin, News Admin, Reporting Admin, and Offers Admin
- Sub Admin - By default, a Sub Admin can view the Creatives Admin, Affiliates Admin, Linkcodes & Tools, Mailing Admin, Customers Admin, News Admin, Reporting Admin, and Support Admin
- OFFERITLLC Admin - By default, an OFFERITLLC Admin can view all of the Admin pages (some actions are disabled for this account type)
- Admin - By default, an Admin can view all of the Admin pages
Although the Offerit account types will have predetermined permissions, you can also create Permission Exceptions for selected affiliates in your system.
On the Affiliate Access Permissions page, you will find a "Permission Exceptions" table, where you will be able to create custom configurations for affiliates in your system. This table provides the name of each Admin Page, along with a list of what Admin Pages the affiliate can view and take actions on. "Display" indicates that the Admin Page is available to the affiliate, "All Views" indicates that they can see each sub-section of the admin page in question, and "All Actions" indicates that they are allowed to perform any and all actions on that admin page. If you wish to allow "Display", "All Views", or "All Actions" for a certain affiliate, you can use the check boxes to specify which pages you want to allow.
Under the "Specific" column, you will see hyperlinks labeled as "Views" and "Actions." These allow you to allow only specified views to be seen and only specified actions to be taken on the Admin pages.
"Views" includes being able to access pages such as Affiliate Overview, Add Commission, Add Offer, etc. However, they will not be able to perform actions on these pages unless you allow the corresponding actions. The "Actions" hyperlinks allow specified affiliates to perform actions such as editing a landing page, adding a customer, etc.
The Global Settings section at the bottom of the Affiliate Access Permissions page provide two additional Access Permission settings. These settings are:
- Edit Affiliates - Allows that affiliate to edit other affiliates' account information in your Offerit system.
- Override as Affiliate - Sets which affiliates' accounts can be overriden by the affiliate being edited. This has four options:
- Disabled - Does not allow the specified affiliate to override other affiliates' accounts.
- All Affiliates - Allows the specified affiliate to override all affiliates' accounts.
- My Affiliates - Only allows the specified affiliate to override accounts of affiliates assigned to them. This is useful if you have Affiliate Manager managing your affiliates.
- My Network - Only allows the specified affiliate to override accounts of affiliates enrolled under them in commissions such as affiliate referral commissions.